Saturday, October 29, 2022

2023 Miles in 2023

If you follow my old blog, which none of you do because you don't follow this one, you will know that I used to be an avid runner. 5ks, half marathons, all that. But then I had an injury that never really happened, as in it came from nowhere, that sidelined me. I got lazy, I got fat, I got depressed; I basically gave up. These things haven't changed. I've been struggling with back problems (from herniations to osteoarthritis) since. Now, a few years ago, this never would have stopped me and I'd like to know that person again. I have given myself until the new year to lose whatever weight I'm going to and then in 2023 I have signed up for Run the Edge's Run the Year 2023. The goal is 2023 miles (obviously) in the year 2023. Now that's a lot of miles to run, so "To be more accessible to all, participants can now run, walk, bike, swim, or even hopscotch their way across 2023 miles."  

Now I don't math so well, but that tallies up to something like a million (5.5) miles a day. 

If you want to do this too, let me know and you can motivate me we can motivate each other. 



No comments:

Post a Comment